Bismuth Oxide ( Bi2O3)
||Available in 99.99%, 99.999%, 99.9999%
|Shape and particle size
||Available in powder
||It is packed with Dacron film, then covered with a sealed plastic film bag.
Appearing at high purities as yellow power or crystals, bismuth oxide (Bi2O3), also known as bismuth trioxide, bismuth(III) oxide, or bismite, is currently the most important compound of bismuth for commercial purposes.
A starting point for dozens of different compounds, bismuth oxide is the starting point for most bismuth chemistry. This means that it sees end use across hundreds of industries and specialities. Significant or notable uses include:
- Bismuth chemistry. Many other derivatives of bismuth are manufactured from a starting point of bismuth oxide, thanks to its easy availability and chemical versatility.
- Medical devices. Used in a number of dental materials to improve x-ray opacity.
- Electronics. The conductivity of bismuth oxide makes it a key component in a number of components and materials used in electronics, including superconductors, semiconductors, and more.
- Energy storage. Bismuth oxide is a potential core component of solid-oxide fuel cells. Initial research suggest high value as an ionic conductor due to its electrical and thermal properties.
- Fireworks. Bi2O3 is also for value in fireworks production and general pyrotechnics, where is has replaced the more hazardous red lead in producing ‘Dragon’s eggs’ effects.
AHP Materials offers Bi2O3 at 99.999% and 99.9999% purities as part of our standard product catalogue. To inquire about these products, or to request a custom order of bismuth oxide or other materials, contact us today.
Request more info? Click here